Since launching, we have remained single-mindedly focused on building the world’s best blockchain casino platform and we’re very proud to have led the way in doing so. We now host two casino partners and more than 20 games live on our platform with more of both to follow.
During this time, the crypto market has had its inevitable peaks and troughs, but all the while, blockchain technology has continued to evolve and there has become a wider understanding of the benefits it brings. With this maturing marketplace and our recently awarded IOM gaming license we believe now is the time to increasingly commercialise our offering.
To do this, we have been busy structuring the business over the past 12 months to ensure we are best placed to exploit the opportunities that lie ahead of us. This has involved creating the right corporate structure and placing the best, most relevant expertise into the key leadership positions, as well as bolstering individual teams with the right personnel throughout the business to continue our growth and success.
As part of these changes we are delighted to announce;
- Stefan Kovach, previously CCO, now becomes FunFair Group CEO. He will oversee the corporate and commercial sides of FunFair including finance, legal & compliance, HR, operations and marketing as well as the strategy and performance of the Group.
- Jez San OBE moves into the role of FunFair Group Chairman. He will play a key role in FunFair’s wider long-term strategy and vision, while continuing to utilise his blockchain expertise to deliver on commercial partnerships and advise on other related matters.
The broader management team now consists of:
- Michael O’Connor who heads up a restructured finance team as FunFair Group Financial Controller, having joined earlier this year.
- Lloyd Purser becomes COO of FunFair Technologies with his role overseeing commercial and business development, as well as leading B2B and B2C marketing functions and the operational side of our operator and white label businesses.
- Oliver Hopton is now CEO and CTO of FunFair Technologies Europe, the Group’s Dublin-based technology arm that is responsible for the strategy and direction of the Groups software development.
- Fred Kessler becomes CPO and Technical Compliance Officer for Funfair Technologies Europe, responsible for the strategy, direction and delivery of all product and games across the FunFair Group.
- Cristina Cojocaru joined us this week as Head of Legal and Compliance for FunFair Technologies Europe, having previously held similar roles with Betsson Group and the global affiliate Ante Technologies.
Our Irish entity has also been bolstered with various development hires in recent months and we expect the Dublin-based team to continue to grow along with the Isle of Man team as we activate our licence in the jurisdiction.
This gives the leadership team a combined total of almost 80 years in gambling with experience from PokerStars, Gamesys, Scientific Games, PKR and the Postcode Lottery, as well as bringing over 25 years of combined blockchain experience.
Stefan Kovach, CEO at FunFair Technologies
“We continuously review our needs in terms of our team and structure and this has seen us restructure our business and senior management team to become more effective across our London commercial and Dublin technology arms.
“Having joined soon after our token sale, I have witnessed the first-class personnel we have within the company and it will be an honour to take up the role of CEO going forward, ensuring we get the most out of this incredible team for the benefit of the gaming industry as a whole.”
Jez San OBE, Chairman at FunFair Technologies
“Our vision of a world of fair, decentralised gaming remains on course and is progressing at pace, particularly after the recent launch of our second-gen platform and FunFair Wallet. To ensure we continue to lead from the front, we’ve evaluated the current market conditions and our internal processes to restructure in a way that makes us stronger as a management team and organisation as a whole.
“I will be assuming the role of Chairman, continuing to influence the broader strategy of the company as I always have done, while leaving Stefan and the team to head up our day-to-day requirements.”
The FunFair Team